Monday, December 19, 2011

The Seventh Day of Christmas

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

7 fresh tortillas
6 chumps surviving
5 macaronis with cheese!
4 extra lunch mates
3 loaves of pumpkin
2 paid for dinners
And an off-limits box from Amazon!

They may not be pretty, but they sure are tasty.

To be the trophy wife that I am, I've developed a fairly complex system of nightly dinners.  Each night has a theme that alliterates with the day of the week it is.  These themes change monthly.  You could say that I have too much time on my hands.

For the month of December, I have been making slow cooker meals on Mondays.  But I forgot to put the stuff in the slow cooker this morning, so we had to do something else.  I have been wanting to make my own tortillas for a while now, but have never gotten around to it.

Tonight was the perfect opportunity.

Let me break it down for you:

Regular store-bought tortillas - good.

Uncooked store-bought tortillas - better.  Since we discovered them we haven't bought the former.

Homemade tortillas - best.

It's always disappointing when a slow cooker meal day doesn't work out cause, well, I know my way around a crock pot.  But tonight's fajitas with these homemade tortillas were money.  The recipe I used made eight tortillas, but I only made seven.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...