Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Few Words on Bicycles

For starters, let it be known that I am pro-bike. I love 'em. I wish I could ride one more often because, truly, they're awesome. What a great way to travel. You get exercise and a good feeling for not further polluting this good earth further, all in one. It's a twofer. Really. I mean it.

That being said, I feel the need to call all the bike riders of the world or perhaps just Provo to submit to them this formal request:

To the bike riders of the world or perhaps just Provo, hark. The time has come to choose. Are you a pedestrian or a car? You don't need to make one decision that everyone has to stick with. Rather, each of you can make the choice for him- or herself: pedestrian or car? But once you have made that decision, you gotta commit. None of this namby-pamby, I'm a car until there's a red light, then oh snap, JK, I'm a pedestrian, I'm a pedestrian! I don't care which one you each pick. Just one or the other. Cause, seriously? Your ticking me off. Like whoa. It's time to get off the fence.

That's all.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love it and COMPLETELY agree. I've listened to Ben go over the very same argument you just gave many times. Maybe we can appoint ourselves the bike/pedestrian police. What do you say? I've always wanted to have a Park Ranger outfit, but maybe I can include a campus police outfit to the list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...