Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm Trusting You, AccuWeather.com!

I was all set to force my opinion of "lol" on all you devoted blog readers of mine, but then something more pressing happened: it started snowing.

Now, I'm okay with the seasons going where they belong: winter is supposed to last from December to March, I get that. In fact, I downright encourage it. But, Weather, once you start in one direction, you gotta commit. At this time last week, it was 60 freaking degrees outside. I know the old adage, "In like a lion, out like a lamb," but if that's what you're going to do, then that's what you need to do. None of this, in like a lamb, then maybe some more lion, and then I'll think about going back to a lamb or something. Maybe a camel. I mean, really! I do not need this stress!

As any concerned citizen would do, once it started snowing, I decided a check on the weather forecast was in order. AccuWeather.com told me that tomorrow I could expect "Plenty of clouds" with a high of 42. Wednesday should bring "Partly sunny" with a whopping 47 degrees of highness. And for the next fifteen days, it is only supposed to get better. Now, on Sunday, March 15th, there's the possibility of a rain and snow shower, but with a low of 32, I have hope that that won't be too big of a deal. On the 19th and 20th we're supposed to be all the way in the mid-60s. March 22nd has been labeled as a day of "Brilliant sunshine." Similarly, the 23rd has been forecasted to bring "Abundant sunshine" - abundant! Abundant! I want that abundance!

Now, I realize that weather forecasting is a very imprecise science, and that it would be completely irrational for me to be so thoroughly annoyed if it doesn't pan out the way AccuWeather.com says it's supposed to. But I don't care. AccuWeather.com, you will face my wrath if Weather does not deliver. You've been warned.

1 comment:

willus said...

its wednesday at 4:11, and its 45 degrees right now... I don't know if it'll warm up 2 more degrees.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...