Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

I usually use this blog to amuse myself and to get others to validate my outlandish and/or stubborn points of view, but occasionally (re: the last post) I like to get serious.  This is one of those times.

In my adult life, I've always had a difficult time bearing my testimony.  I know that it is an important thing to do, but I've always been a scaredy-pants or something.  Recently, however, I've recommitted myself to being better about listening to the promptings of the Spirit (call it my General Conference resolution), and I've felt like I should share my testimony on here.  It's kind of weird, and definitely out of my comfort zone, but here it is.  Out there.

I'm a Mormon.  Most of you probably are already aware of this, but just in case you didn't, there it is.  I am grateful that I have a knowledge of the restored Gospel on the earth.  I know that Jesus Christ died for me and suffered for my sins, as well as those of my family and friends.  And yours.  I also know that he was resurrected, paving the way for us to be as well.

I haven't always had a strong testimony.  There was one semester in college where I really struggled.  I was taking a class for my major at the time and some of the required reading left me rattled.  In the end, I nearly failed the class and ended up changing my major, but my testimony was retained.  Worth it.  I now know more than ever that the Gospel is true.

Since today is Easter, please follow this link to a video, commemorating Christ's suffering, death, and resurrection.  He is our Savior and He lives.

Happy Easter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...