Monday, February 6, 2012

No Sleep for Me

Jack seems to think that he doesn't need sleep.

But I do, so he has to.  We've been working hard on developing a consistent routine so that he will get the idea that when we do this (the routine), it's time to go to sleep.

After trying out an abundance of methods for getting him to fall asleep on his own, and discovering that none of them work, this is what we are left with as Jack's bedtime routine:

-Bath
-Story with Dad
-Nursing and a song from Mom
-Prayers
-Bed

Jack will then proceed to cry and cry and cry.  We let him go for a set time period (we tried intervals of comfort, but he would just get riled up again whenever we came in the room) and then I'll go back up and rock him.  Usually he is so tired out from all the crying that he will go right to sleep.

I am so committed to being consistent with this routine that I even left watching the Super Bowl at halftime to take him home and put him to bed.  That's love.

I have to say, I am quite impressed with Jack's stamina.  There's no way I could wail for as long as he does without just falling asleep from exhaustion.

The funny thing is that if Jack just went right to sleep and then woke up a short while later (or even was quiet so we thought he was asleep), I would probably go in an rock him right when he woke up/I heard him again.  Then he would get what he wanted a lot quicker.

Silly baby.  He's so illogical.

1 comment:

Holli Prior said...

Little Holli is SO CUTE! I must meet this child!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...