Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Teacher's Life for Me

Before I begin, let's get one thing straight: I am so glad that I get to stay home every day with my baby boy.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

But I left a really awesome job to stay home with Jack.  One that I like to think I was pretty good at.  And out of the 180 school days in a year, I miss being a teacher on exactly 176 of them.

Of the four days that I don't miss being a teacher, two of them are happening this week.  On these days all the good little girls and boys that teach elementary school in Alpine School District are participating in Parent Teacher Conferences.

The reason I dislike Parent Teacher Conferences Day is not because I disliked communicating with my students' parents.  On the contrary, I felt like I had a pretty good rapport with my students' parents and our conferences were largely positive.  I loved telling them about all the awesome things their kids were doing in school.  Plus the PTA provided phenomenal dinners on those nights, complete with bouquets of fruit.  FRUIT!

No, I didn't like Parent Teacher Conferences Day because it didn't end until eight o'clock.  At night!  And it's a two-day ordeal.  You finally get some rest and you have to do it all again the next day.  Plus teach all day both days too.  It's exhausting!

But because one of us has to bring home some bacon, Lewis is making his way through his Parent Teacher Conferences as I type.  Poor dear.  I brought him some cupcakes to help him get through the night, cause I'm a good wife.

And I get it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You ARE a good wife! I'm sure this will become a tradition for you two :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...