Friday, January 13, 2012

Nap Trap

I'm trapped on my couch right now.

We've finally been succeeding at getting Jack to go to bed at a reasonable hour.  Three cheers, right?  Wrong.  Because he's been going to bed so early, he's also been getting up early - at about 5:30.  In my last post I mentioned that as if it was a one-time thing.  Well, now it's turned into a three-time thing.

Jack waking up early means Alyssa has to get up early too.  And since I don't fall asleep quickly at night, and since Jack usually wakes up at some point in the middle of the night to eat, I'm not getting much sleep. Last night I fell asleep at about midnight.  Then Jack woke up at to eat at 2.

I fed him, put him back in bed, and went back to my own bed.  But he was still awake.  So I got up, rocked him a bit until he fell asleep, put him back down and went back to my own bed.  And he woke up again.  Repeat process.  Then repeat it again.  It was now 3 o'clock and I was so desperately exhausted I finally just let him sleep on my chest.  Which he did.  Rubbing his head back and forth and moaning for the next two and a half hours until Lewis' alarm went off at 5:30.  As soon as the alarm sounded, Jack's eyes flew open and he was ready to be up for the day.

I was a zombie.

To fix this super fun 5 AM wake-up call, I want to keep Jack up later than usual tonight.  But he's a baby and babies tend to be difficult to wake up (only when you want them awake; when you want them asleep, it's a piece of cake to wake them up) so I need him to sleep as long as possible during his naps.

Like the one he is taking right now.  On the couch, right next to me.  He fell asleep while he was eating and I didn't want to try and put him in his crib only to have him wake right up,  so I just laid him down right there.  And due to the shape of our couch, I would have to climb over him to get up, possibly waking him, and I don't want to take that risk.  So I'm trapped on my couch.

Which is too bad cause I really have to pee.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...