Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sleep Crime

My husband puts up with a lot.

This is especially true when it comes to sleeping in the same bed as me, particularly with me being pregnant.

My current sleep arrangement involves two pillows under my head, one pillow on my right to support my back, and a body pillow on my left (and between Lewis and me), to support my belly.  Most mornings I usually wake up with one of Lewis' pillows as well.  Between the pillows and my extra bulk, I'm not sure how Lewis doesn't just fall off the bed each night.

And then there are the temperature issues.  I like to fall asleep all snuggled and cozy, with the covers pulled up to my chin.  Except the problem is that since I've been pregnant, I've overheated in my sleep very easily.  Which means that poor Lewis will either have the blankets from my side abruptly flung onto him in the middle of the night, or he will be cold in the middle of the night and not be able to pull any extra covering onto himself because I am passed out on top of them all.

Between my sleep habits and having to stay up late studying, it's no wonder Lewis is so tired these days.  I'm amazed that he still maintains such a pleasant attitude.  I sure lucked out with this one.

Jack and I both did.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...