Thursday, July 26, 2012

Evelyn

My niece, Evie, is hilarious.  She says or does something noteworthy at least a dozen times a day.  My sister - her mother - will often quote Evie on Facebook.  After spending several days with her, I have only one questions for Cassie: How on earth do you pick what to post?

Some examples (I only wish I had written more of them down - she said some funny stuff):

Evie: I just wish the people who make car seats had thought to give big kids a shade like babies have.

After a day of Evie telling me all about her favorite dinosaur: the Lunar Raptor, which is not a real dinosaur.
Me: Where did you learn all this?
Evie: Well, I might have heard about it on TV, or maybe I made it up.  But I didn't.  It's all true.

Evie: If Jack was a girl, I would like him better.


Evie: I could beat you up.  I take karate.

Evie: My mood ring is green.  Mom, what does that mean?
Cassie: I don't know.
Me: I think it means you're tranquil.
Evie: No, it means I'm calm.

Evie: Jack's pacifier is upside down.
Me: Yeah, he likes it like that.
Evie: I don't.
Me: Well, you don't use a pacifier anymore.
Evie: No, I don't like him to have it upside down.

Me: Evie, come cuddle with me.
Evie: I'm a werewolf.
Me: That's okay.  I just want my niece to come snuggle with me.
Evie: But I'm a boy werewolf.

Evie is also decidedly not Jack's number one fan.  I don't think she expected babies to do stuff like pull her hair or grab her face.  Jack, on the other hand, adores her and follows her around whenever they are in the same space.  It's good times for the quiet observer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...