Thursday, November 24, 2011

101 Things I am Thankful for Today.

Over the past week I have debated back and forth about whether or not I would write this post.  On the one hand, I have a lot that I am thankful for and I should recognize some of those things.  On the other, I am very lazy.

But then something happened that reminded me of how incredibly blessed I am and I should do more to recognize that.  I'm not going to go into the incident, just suffice it to say that I am so grateful for all that I have.  I give you permission to not read this incredibly long post, but I feel like I need to express a lot of gratitude right now.

So without further ado, 101 things I am grateful for this Thanksgiving (in no particular order, mostly just how they come to me):

1. Lewis.  He is the perfect man for me.  I can't imagine my life without him.

2. Jack.  All he does is eat, cry, and poo but I love him more than life itself and even beyond that.  He is incredible.

3. My mom.  She is for reals the very best mother out there and the reason I am the person I am today.

4. My dad.  He can beat up your dad.

5. My sister.  She is an amazing example of faith, courage, and unconditional love.

6. My brothers.  They make me laugh.  I know that anyone who hurt me would get a swift kick in the rear from all three of them.

7. Lewis' parents.  I am so glad that they are Jack's grandparents.

8. My siblings-in-law.  I feel like I can just hang out with any of them.  They're good people.  I just need more on my side.

9. My grandparents.  They're cool.

10. My aunts.  More like extra older sisters.

11. My uncles and cousins.  Can't imagine the Hirschi Olympics without them.  The Madsen ones are pretty stinking awesome too.

12. My nieces and nephews.  I especially appreciate how good they are with Jack.

13. Pumpkin pie.  I know I said that this is in no particular order, but I think this deserves a place right after my family, know what I mean?

14. My iPad

15. Facebook.  I keep up with so many people because of that site.

16. Skype.  I love that Jack and I can talk to my parents in freaking Uruguay.

17. Google.  What up.

18. Pinterest.  This site has inspired me to be a cooler person.

19. My blog.

20. Books.  What else would I do all day with only soaps on the TV?

21. To Kill a Mockingbird.  This book will always have a special place in my heart.

22. My sewing machine.  I finally feel like I have a talent that I am developing.

23. My bed.

24. Our cars.

25. Our home.  I feel particularly blessed about this what with the economy being what it is.

26. Public education.

27. Higher education.

28. My bachelor's degree.

29. My teaching certificate.

30. Lewis' job.

31. The fact that Lewis makes enough so that I can stay home with Jack.

32. Pacifiers.

33. Rocking chairs.

34. Car seats.  I love knowing that Jack is safe in the car.

35. Cloth diapers.

36. My blender.

37. Christmas.

38. Footie pajamas on babies.

39. American Fork Hospital and all the nurses and doctors that took care of Jack and me during labor, delivery, and recovery.

40. My OBs who made sure I had a healthy pregnancy.

41. The pediatrician.

42. Walmart and their price matching policy.

43. A high efficiency washing machine.

44. Our camera.

45. The fact that my mom asked me to send a picture of Jack every day so I take a picture of Jack every day.

46. My former students.

47. College football.

48. BYU and the mighty Cougars.

49. The Holy War (that's this Saturday, right?)

50. Contact lenses.

51. My KitchenAid.

52. Bountiful Baskets.

53. Disneyland.

54. Reese's Fast Break - best candy bar ever.

55. My talents.  I'm still trying to figure out what they are, but I appreciate the ones I have and I am working on developing more.

56. The blinds in our bedroom.  Jack could look at them for hours.

57. Checking the mail.

58. Painted toenails.

59. Having Lewis point out different constellations at night and different types of clouds during the day.

60. Adoption.

61. Being warm when I sleep.

62. The seat heaters in my car.

63. Tunak.

64. Yellowstone.

65. Camping.

66. S'mores.

67. Crunching leaves.  I will go out of my way to step on one.

68. Hiking in the mountains.

69. Running.  I wish I could do it more often.  There's nothing like a good run in crisp air.

70. Having different seasons.  Summer is my favorite by far, but I love stuff about all four.

71.  Summer vacation.

72.  Online banking.

73. Getting up early enough to see the sunrise.

74. Playing catch with a football or frisbee.

75. Running barefoot in the grass.

76. Driving up to Park City in early autumn when all the trees are different colors.

77. Seeing Christmas trees in people's windows.

78. Pandora radio - especially the Lullaby and Polar Express stations.

79. Jack's smile.

80. Toothpaste.  I love brushing my teeth.

81. The fact that I can meet my baby's needs.

82. Having photographs to decorate my home.

83. Watching Lewis play with Jack.

84. Weekends.

85. Having enough - even when it's barely enough.

86. Flowers.  I love flowers.

87. The fact that there are still things for me to aspire to, and there always will be.

88. My memories - good and bad.

89. Hindsight.

90. My many friends who have supported me over the years.  I would give a shout out to specific ones, but there are lots.  Sorry guys.

91. Our ward.

92. My visiting teacher.

93. The fact that my marriage is eternal.

94. The gospel.

95. Being able to take the Sacrament each week.

96. The Temple and the blessings I have received there.

97. That I live among lots of temples that I can attend regularly (perhaps in theory).

98. The law of tithing.  So very many blessings have come from us living that.

99. Having a living prophet and modern revelation.

100. The scriptures and the fact that I can read them each day.

101. My Savior, Jesus Christ, and His atoning sacrifice.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...