Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sorry World

As you may have heard, I recently had a second child.

I'm still having a little trouble believing that she is related to my first child.

Newborn Poppy and Newborn Jack could not be more different.  Jack was incredibly active and incredibly high-strung.  He didn't sleep well or eat well and if he was awake and not being held, he was screaming.  And if he was being held, he was constantly wiggling and shifting.  He didn't just cuddle.

Poppy, on the other hand, is totally chill.  She likes to be held, and she snuggles like a boss, but if she has to be set down, that's cool too.  She lets you know when she's uncomfortable, but as soon as you know, she's done telling you.  Example: last night she had some gas or something that was bugging her.  She would cry out once and then be done.  A few minutes later she would cry out again - once - and then be done.  Poppy was clearly irritated about the gas, but the expending energy of constant crying wasn't worth it to her.

My sweet little Poppy Jane.

Having a baby like this when you have an incredibly active and still rather high-strung toddler is a tremendous blessing.

I love both of my kids the infinity and beyond.  But I am so, so grateful that Jack came first.

But I have to apologize.  I've been judgy.  I would see people in their blogs or on the Facebook talk about how chill their baby was and how he/she would never/only occasionally cry and I wouldn't believe a word of it.  I've been around babies!  I know how they are!

Well as it turns out, babies like that do exist.  Cause I have one now.  So I'm sorry for judging you.

Now let's just hope I haven't jinxed things by writing all this.

Love my kids.

1 comment:

Kamrah King said...

So cute. I can totally relate. congrats! she's beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...