Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Open Mouth, Insert Food

Jack's new favorite thing to do is share.  Several times a day I am offered a pacifier, graham cracker, or bath toy.  And by "offered," I mean I have those items shoved in my mouth.

Want a bite?

It's very sweet.

Except for the part where Jack thinks that this sharing thing should be reciprocal.  I can't eat a bite of anything without him crawling over, pulling himself to his feet by grabbing onto my legs, staring at me with those irresistible baby blues, and opening his mouth wide in the direction of my food.  If he happens to be close enough, he will just grab a handful of whatever is on my plate without even skipping a beat.

Another thing Jack has mastered is guilt.  If I happen to finish my meal without offering him any, he won't cry; instead he will look at me with sad eyes and then slowly crawl away as if the weight of the world was on his shoulders.  All he wanted was a taste of ice cream!

Somehow I feel as if I have been wrapped around some short dude's little finger.  Hmm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...