Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Really?

My mom and brother are currently staying with us to help take care of Jack these first few weeks (if he ever arrives, that is).  It's been a surprising boost to my self-esteem having them around, particularly Joseph...

This morning after I woke up I stumbled down the stairs at about 8:30.  Due to the nature of my current size, I had just thrown on what I deemed to be most comfortable, namely a pair of Lewis' basketball shorts and one of his t-shirts.  My hair was all kinds of ratty, I hadn't showered, I hadn't even put in my contacts.

I had one thing on my mind: breakfast.

As I walked towards the kitchen, I passed my eleven-year-old brother playing on his iPod.  He looked up at me and said, "Pretty!"

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

"You look really pretty today."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Um, thank you."

Now if you know Joseph, you know that he has not quite figured out sarcasm.  He can use it, he just can't use it without it being obvious.  That doesn't mean I believe he genuinely thought I was pretty right then, just that he was sincerely trying to be nice.

Aww.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...