Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Farmer in the Dell

Towards the end of Super Bowl XLV, we started developing punny headlines ESPN would come up with to tell the sports world who was victorious. None of them were very good, but hey this isn't our day job. Directly following the Super Bowl, we were highly disappointed to see "Packers Win Super Bowl XLV" as the breakingest news story. Epic fail on the pun front.

A few minutes later, however, I have ESPN another chance and checked again. The headline? "Cheese Stands Alone." Excellent. Andrew conjectured that someone came up with that one shortly following Green Bay's 1996 victory, and the sports writing world was anxious for another W so that they could use that gem. Little did they know it would take FIFTEEN YEARS before they could finally unpack that headline.

Anyway, all this talk of ridiculously cheesy (ha! I'm good at the puns too!) sporting headlines is a cover. That's not what this blog post is about. This blog post is to formally announce to the interweb that












I'm pregnant.

Yep, it's true. Lewis and I have reproduced. We weren't going to announce it for another week, but Lewis made the executive decision that Super Bowl Sunday is a much better holiday for this sort of announcement than is Valentine's Day. Of course, I had to agree. So.... yeah. I am with child. It's due September 1st, it looks like a sea horse, and we call it Ahab. And now you know.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Please pleasepleasePLEASE name it Ahab in real life, especially if it's a girl. So psyched for you it is unreal.

Mitzi said...

I second the "Ahab" naming idea!

Super Congratulations!!!! It's such an exciting part of my life, I'm sure it will be for you.

Andre Terrific said...

You don't get your twenty bucks until I see that name on a birth certificate.

Laura said...

Congratulations Alyssa! That is VERY exciting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...