Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Twelfth Day of Christmas

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

12 stocking stuffers
11 slamm-ed tim tams
10 cups of ketchup
9 hours of daylight
8 Christmas carols
7 guns a-shooting
6 Lewis kisses
5 bags of wings!
4 calling phones
3 final tests
2 Praxis scores
And a mid-Atlantic winter snow storm!


Whew! I did it. All twelve days. When I first began this endeavor, I only started because "mid-Atlantic winter snow storm" fit so well with "partridge in a pear tree." And then I was stuck. I couldn't start something without finishing it, could I? There were many, many times throughout the twelve days when I thought, "what was I thinking?"

In any case, here's the twelfth day. Stocking stuffers. Lewis and I went to the store today and got a variety of candies, nuts, and fruits that Santa can use to fill our stockings. We may have gone a little slap happy with all the treats, but apparently Smith's decided to put all their Christmas candy on sale the day before Christmas, so it all worked out so well.

I am really excited that it is Christmas. I love Christmas and everything about it. Even though not all of my true love gifts were Christmas related, this project was very useful in getting me in the Christmas spirit. I'm so happy that Christmas Eve is finally here. It's such a beautiful holiday. True, it makes me a little homesick, but I'm so grateful that I get to spend the holiday with my great husband. I like him lots.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...